The Spirit of Pentecost
Monday, May 20, 2013 Play Comments (0)
This past Sunday Pastor Ernest shared with us on the Spirit of Pentecost.
The Spirit of Pentecost: Ephesians 5:15-19
1. Spirit of Joy
2. Spirit of Power
a. Power to live the Christian Life (Galatians 5:22-23)
b. Power for gifts of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:8-11)
c. Power to witness (Acts 1:8)
3. Spirit of Relationship (Romans 8:15-17)
4. Spirit of Direction (John 16:13)
How to be Filled with the Holy Spirit
1. God wants to give us His Spirit (John 16:7, 14:16-18)
2. We are to ask in faith (Luke 11:9-13)
Pentecost: A Season of Commissioning
Monday, May 06, 2013 Play Comments (0)
This past Sunday Pastor Pat shared with us on the topic of commissioning.
Please find Pastor Pat’s Sermon Outline here.
Magnificent Beauty and Raw Power: Encountering His Presence
Monday, April 29, 2013 Play Comments (0)
This past Sunday Pastor Ernest shared with us on the topic of Encountering His Presence.
Encountering His Presence: Exodus 33:18-23, Deuteronomy 5:23-25, Isaiah 6:1-8
2. Powerlessness (Revelation 1:12-17)
1. God is with us (Mark 4:38-40)
2. God is for us (Romans 8:31-32, Romans 8:1, Philippians 1:6)
3. God is in us (Colossians 1:27, Galatians 2:20, John 14:23, 1 Corinthians 6:19, 3:16)
The Four P’s of Missions
Monday, April 22, 2013 Play Comments (0)
The FourThis past Sunday Pastor Dale shared with us on the topic of missions. He talked about the Four P’s of Mission in Mission Sunday.
The Purpose of Missions: (Psalm 117)
The purpose of missions is to worship and glorify God and His son Jesus Christ.
The Plan of Missions:
1. To send (Romans 10:14-15)
2. To go in His power (2 Corinthians 4:7)
3. To make disciples (Matthew 28:18-20)
4. To reveal the wisdom of God (Ephesians 3:10-12, 2 Corinthians 4:8-11)
The Price of Missions:
1. The price of missions is suffering (Revelation 6:10-11)
2. Suffering is also the means (Colossians 1:24, Philippians 2:30, Romans 8:18, Hebrews 10:32-34)
Where will you go?
God Has a Complaint Department
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 Play Comments (0)
In the second and final message, Pastor Pat spoke about how we can successfully bring our complaints before God. Please download a PDF version here.
Anger and Disappointment with God
Monday, April 08, 2013 Play Comments (0)
Pastor Pat spoke about Anger and Disappointment with God and what it looks like in our lives. Please download a PDF version here.
The Power of Hope
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 Play Comments (0)
The Power of Hope: 1 Corinthians 15:1-20, 32, 50-58
1. There really was a resurrection
2. If Christ was not risen – there is no hope
3. If Christ is raised – we will ne, too!
4. Because of this hope – run the race well
What is Hope?
- It is a confident assurance that something will happen even if I have to wait for it.
- Hebrews 11:1
What Do We Hope For?
1. Christ will return to set up his kingdom
2. We will be clothed with a new spiritual body
3. We will escape God’s judgment court
4. We will rule with Christ
5. We will be blessed by God’s unimaginable goodness - an inheritance.
6. Nature itself will be restored
What Do We Hope For? (1 Peter 1:3-6, 1:13-16, 1:21, 1 John 3:1-3, Romans 8:18-25, 5:8-9, Colossians 1:5, Titus 3:7-8, Hebrews 6:17-19, 10:22-23, 2 Corinthians 1:9-10, 20)
Why Can I Have Hope?
1. Truth of the resurrection
2. The promise of God
3. The power of God
4. The faithfulness of God (Lamentations 3:21-26)
What is The Power of Hope?
1. Motivation, Energy, and Encouragement
2. Creativity and Vision
How Can I Cultivate Hope?
1. The Scripture (Romans 15:4)
2. Discipline the Mind (1 Thessalonians 5:8, Ephesians 6:17)
3. Spirit of Revelation (Ephesians 1:17-18)
4. Receive the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13)
Why Did Jesus Die?
Monday, March 25, 2013 Play Comments (0)
Why Did Jesus Die?This past Sunday Pastor Jeremy spoke on the topic of “Why did Jesus die?” This was the third in three Sundays of Alpha Services.
Main Point: Because God loves us and wants to help us in our mess.
The Problem: Sin (Romans 3:23)
1. Four consequences from sin
a. Pollution of sin
b. Power of sin (John 8:34)
c. Penalty of sin (Romans 6:23)
d. Partition of sin
The Solution: Jesus’ Death - Jesus takes our place on the cross.
The Result: Jesus died and brought total victory for humankind.
Who Is Jesus?
Monday, March 18, 2013 Play Comments (0)
This past Sunday Pastor Ernest spoke on the topic of “Who is Jesus.” This was the second in three Sundays of Alpha Services.
Who is Jesus?
Was Jesus a real historical person?
- 36,000 citings by church fathers
- New Testament Writers
Who Is He?
Indirect Claims as to His Deity
- He forgave sins
- He will judge the world
Who Is Jesus?
1. Indirect Claims to His Deity
2. Direct Claims to His Deity
3. His Teaching
4. His Works
5. His Character
6. Fulfillment of Prophesies
7. His Resurrection
Did Jesus Die?
- The swoon theory
Did Jesus Come Back To Life?
- The Stolen Body Theory
- The Hallucination Theory
Evidence for Resurrection
- Empty Tomb
- Eye-Witness Accounts
- Effect on Disciples
- Effect on the World
- Not Disproven
- Personal Testimony
Who Do You Think He Is?
Christianity: Boring, Untrue, and Irrelevant?
Monday, March 11, 2013 Play Comments (0)
This past Sunday Katie Mahoney spoke about Christianity and whether or not it is relevant for us today. This was the first in three Sundays of Alpha Services.
Is Christianity: Boring, Untrue, and Irrelevant?
1. Why am I here?
2. What is the meaning of life?
3. What happens after this life?
4. Is there more to life?
“I am the way, the truth, and the life.” – Jesus
“I am the bread of life.” – Jesus
Three Responses to Christianity?
1. Some disregard its claims
2. Some remain unconvinced, but interested
3. Some believe
There are many different religions that claim to be the truth. Which on is true?
1. Other religions do not explain and reveal the love of God the way Christ did.
2. Other religions say they point us to truth, whereas Jesus said, “I am the truth.”
What do you think? What do you believe?